Privacy-advocate, lite mobile, tablet or desktop startpages minus cross-tracking. Export to your home screen or set as your browser homepage.
Support the open web by using and giving patronage to the many independent web operators that still remain on the world wide web, especially those with pro-privacy and open web policies. You can simply set any Kiwibeak theme as your personal homepage through your browser's settings menu. For specific directions, see instructions in a section further down this page.
Kiwibeak has been online as far back as 2004 offering simple homepage resources that takes into consideration your privacy and security as opposed to the majority of other websites, services and social networks that aggressively implement cross-tracking, surveillance and data-harvesting.
Trusted, secure online homepages since 2004.
CHOOSE A HOMEPAGE THEME
Blue & Gray
Gradual Golden Green
Studio Prussian Blue
Red, Green, and Gold
diagonal striped brick
Bit Tile Blue
Pigs Will Fly
ep natural black
Deep Water Blues
Elizabeth & Jane
Chateau de Chillon
Villas by the Sea
Saadi's Blue Garden
Tempel des Herakles
Appeal & figures for 2018
Kiwibeak is the world wide web's first and oldest privacy-oriented full-page graphical startpage and homepage service. It's been online since 2004 and eliminates the requirement for trackable user registration or cross-tracking implemented by other major companies, helping to eliminate or reduce data-harvesting efforts.
- Our startpages:
- Should display nicely on mobile and tablets as well as desktops with contemporary browsers.
- Offer a servicable, practical daily application that stands as a demonstration of solidarity against complacency and unethical privacy-invasive tactics commonly used via devices or the majority of websites/applications and the larger network of data-harvesting, profiling and selling their users out. A conscious aid to your online behavior.
Feel free to communicate, recommend to others, offer suggestions or tip. Kiwibeak predates many major sites, yet has existed due to one developer's efforts, voluntarism, and pioneering in full support and advocacy of the open web since the mid-2000s. You are invited to use the site as well as help out anyway you can [SEE Feedback/Support sections on this page].
Independent & Open Internet
We collectively support an open, private and secure web where information and navigation are not controlled and monitored by agenda or marketing-based interests. Kiwibeak offers simple and minimal homepages that you can use on your devices instead of a blank page with some general links, data and toolset. It uses an non-invasive html foundation.
Anonymous and Secure Browser Homepages
Kiwibeak homepages are truly private and safe. Virtually every other homepage out there is built on an application platform that tracks, records and stores your browsing habits either with or without registration, often collecting and logging your private and personal information.
Kiwibeak homepages do not collect and store such information nor utilize databases or cookies to track user information. In fact, all Kiwibeak homepages are simply basic webpages designed to protect user privacy and safety offering truly free and anonymous spyware-free internet homepages.
Each homepage is part of a self-contained light and independent website.
Privacy and Security
Kiwibeak homepages are simple non-database driven and designed basic webpages helping to break the tracking chain. Beyond the ISP-level, privacy and security are relative to the apps, tools and use of websites on the internet and mobile devices. MANY sites try to also track and follow your habits, including the majority of websites, networks and other homepage or startpage services.
Set a Kiwibeak homepage as your privacy startpage today!
Choose from plenty of unique graphic themes! Trusted, secure online homepages since 2005. The originator not the imitator of full-screen, themed homepages. Plus the only homepage of its kind that actually offers itself free and private with no strings. Privacy is relative to web activity, use the Kiwibeak family of great browser homepages and help protect your data.
Minimal and neutral web directory //project//
Currently attempting to rebuild the web directories with quality useful and practical sites. The prior decade of corporatization of the internet has diminished our directories by 70%. I am attempting to rebuild with careful curation and organization. Certain sites that do infringe on our (key words:) open web and privacy standards will likely not be listed, minus few exceptions based on general public use criteria (ex. major news wire = public necessity. F__ book = not necessary, anti-open and anti-privacy). I need your help or suggestions, if you are interested - feel free to contact. Feedback and submissions are open.
If you would like to contribute suggestions, opinions or potential useful links for the directories, the current email is available:
contact-us [at] [kiwibeak] .com
Help Support Kiwibeak
Help support our server costs and aid further development.
Kiwibeak is completely and uncommonly non-partisan, small independent developer.
- A contemporary web browser that can parse:
- SSL (secure socket layer/connection, https).
- Also, it's a good idea to have a browser that has:
- No data collection and privacy/tracking controls that work.
- Be wary of others that claim to offer privacy and security but do not (including big tech companies who often do lack integrity and ethics as time has shown too often and too many times AND without any consequence or penalty).
- All major legacy web browsers are not recommended anymore to due lack of privacy concerns and common-sense ethics.
- Choose open-source ports, like open-source "Webkit and Mozilla-based browsers" [minus tracking and hidden manipulative hardwired elements, undisclosed unethical updates or controls] AND those offered by organizations that do respect privacy and the open web 100% unfailingly. Do your research, research well.
- Advised is to also always make sure to set your desired privacy and data retention settings.
- Learn your browser and periodically review and audit the vendor, their claims and integrity through reliable third-party tech, independent critics.