Privacy-advocate, lite mobile, tablet or desktop startpages minus cross-tracking. Export to your home screen or set as your browser homepage.
Support the open web by using and giving patronage to the many independent web operators that still remain on the world wide web, especially those with pro-privacy and open web policies. You can simply set any Kiwibeak theme as your personal homepage through your browser's settings menu. For specific directions, see instructions in a section further down this page.
Kiwibeak has been online as far back as 2004 offering simple homepage resources that takes into consideration your privacy and security as opposed to the majority of other websites, services and social networks that aggressively implement cross-tracking, surveillance and data-harvesting.
Trusted, secure online homepages since 2004.
CHOOSE A HOMEPAGE THEME
Blue & Gray
Gradual Golden Green
Studio Prussian Blue
Red, Green, and Gold
diagonal striped brick
Bit Tile Blue
Pigs Will Fly
ep natural black
Deep Water Blues
Elizabeth & Jane
Chateau de Chillon
Villas by the Sea
Saadi's Blue Garden
Tempel des Herakles
Appeal & figures for 2018
Kiwibeak is the world wide web's first and oldest privacy-oriented full-page graphical startpage and homepage service. It's been online since 2004 and eliminates the requirement for trackable user registration or cross-tracking implemented by other major companies, helping to eliminate or reduce data-harvesting efforts.
- Our startpages:
- Should display nicely on mobile and tablets as well as desktops with contemporary browsers.
- Offer a servicable, practical daily application that stands as a demonstration of solidarity against complacency and unethical privacy-invasive tactics commonly used via devices or the majority of websites/applications and the larger network of data-harvesting, profiling and selling their users out. A conscious aid to your online behavior.
- Are part of a free website service that does not negatively exploit its userbase in any manner. The only collected visitor data is corelative to and disclosed on the main root brand webpage under 'Statistics.' The purpose of this is to show our solidarity merely reflecting general countries and for ranking the most popular themed startpages, as well as serving our front and mutual worldwide userbase anonymous pool.
- Browser and device 'Do No Track' requests are honored unlike other similar services and sites.
- All tracking cookies are disabled.
- Are part of a independent, developer-run site that has existed on its own extraordinary humble resources and grassroots support as opposed to the billion dollar corporate or exploitive sites that many people support each year. No one makes a living from this site, nor does it contribute financially in any significant way to income or standard of living of its operator. However, I do need and welcome support. Please help out if you can.
Help our community grow. Feel free to communicate, recommend to others, offer suggestions or tip. Kiwibeak predates many major sites, yet has existed due to one developer's efforts. You are invited to use the site as well as help out anyway you can [SEE Feedback/Support sections on this page].
Independent & Open Internet
We collectively support an open, private and secure web where information and navigation are not controlled and monitored by agenda or marketing-based interests. Kiwibeak offers simple and minimal homepages that you can use on your devices instead of a blank page with some general links, data and toolset. It uses an non-invasive html foundation.
Anonymous and Secure Browser Homepages
Kiwibeak homepages are truly private and safe. Virtually every other homepage out there is built on an application platform that tracks, records and stores your browsing habits either with or without registration, often collecting and logging your private and personal information.
Kiwibeak homepages do not collect and store such information nor utilize databases or cookies to track user info other than simple geo and browser/os version data. In fact, all Kiwibeak homepages are simply basic webpages designed to protect user privacy and safety offering truly free and anonymous spyware-free internet homepages.
Each homepage is part of a light and practical network that does not add to your data trail and there is no account to be compromised.
Privacy and Security
Kiwibeak homepages are simple non-database driven and designed basic webpages helping to break the tracking chain. Beyond the ISP-level, privacy and security are relative to the apps, tools and use of websites on the internet and mobile devices. MANY sites try to also track and follow your habits, including most popular networks and homepages.
You can feel safe booting up your browser with Kiwibeak. Our simple, minimal AND browser-privacy respected "opt-out" geo-stats exist for purposes to reflect a world-wide user-base of solidarity and symbolism of 'breaking the chain' that collectively may even serve to confuse others' aggressive cross-tracking attempts.
Set a Kiwibeak homepage as your privacy startpage today!
Choose from plenty of unique graphic themes! Trusted, secure online homepages since 2005. The originator not the imitator of full-screen, themed homepages. Plus the only homepage of its kind that actually offers itself free and private with no strings. Privacy is relative to web activity, use the Kiwibeak family of great browser homepages and join the noble herd.
Setting your homepage via browser
For some 'odd' reason different browser vendors keep occassionally change the menus where you can locate the option and fields to specify what url or web address or page to set your browser homepage. It is usually located under one of the following browser application's menu names: "Settings"; "Edit"; "Options"; "Tools."
- 'Edit' (drop-down menu)
- 'Preferences' > 'General' (tab)
- 'Tools' (drop-down/expandable menu)
- 'Settings' > 'Startup' (tab)
- '...' icon button (or browser brand logo, drop-down menu)
- 'Settings' > 'On Startup' (section)
All browsers are different and do change with updates, so just make sure to look around, explore and take control. Note: Also advised is to always make sure to set your desired privacy and data retention settings as well.
Per usual I am not going make a huge banner like all the other sites out there begging for your money (who already have millions and subsidaries), but if you read this and care, drop an email or support. I would really like to know your thoughts and wants. Thanks and cheers. Here's to 2018.
If you would like to contribute suggestions, opinions or potential useful links for the directories, the current email is available:
contact-us [at] [kiwibeak] .com
Help Support Kiwibeak
Help support our server costs and aid further development. A big thank you to everyone who has supported kiwibeak by use and donation.
Kiwibeak is completely and uncommonly non-partisan, small independent developer. All donations are used to support our equipment, server costs and the developer only.
- A contemporary web browser that can parse:
- SSL (secure socket layer/connection, https).
- Also, it's a good idea to have a browser that has:
- No data collection and privacy/tracking controls that work.
- Be wary of others that claim privacy and security but do not.